MetalTrace© is the #1 Mill Test Report Software, MTR, Mill Cert, Traceability, MetalTrace program and has over 250,000 users worldwide
The world's #1 metals industry, Certified Mill Test Report, MTR software, MetalTrace®, is used by companies who manufacture, distribute and fabricate high grade steel and alloy products in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Holland, France, Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Dubai, India, China, Hong Kong and Australia and has more users than any competing product.Trace can enable your business to attain 100% traceability of critical Mill Test Report (MTR) documentation, with a wide offering of products, at prices starting as low as $5,000.
Call now! 1-866-429-7007 and request a Free Demo.
Trace Applications offers a full range of industry specific document management software. When it comes to software, as you well know, one size does not fit all. Consequently, Trace delivers industry specific and business specific software, that can operate out of the box or be totally customized for a company’s needs. Due to the ingenious design of Trace software, everything can be configured to match the workflow for a particular company. If someone asks, “Can you make it ….?" The answer is YES because if you can verbalize it, Trace can configure it to work exactly the way you want it to work.
What does that mean you may ask?
It means that you can change Trace software to match your processes, as opposed to having to change your processes, to match the software. It means Trace software is easier to learn. It means shorter implementation times. It means fewer IT resources are required. It means that you get more for your money and it explains why Trace software has become the industry standard.
Trace offers complete solutions ranging in price from $5,000 to $100,000 to meet the needs of all companies, small or large. Please call toll free, 866-429-7007 or click the "Demo Request" button, at the top of every page on this website and provide some information about you and your company. An industry specialist will contact you and arrange a convenient time for a free demonstration. Please do it now !!!!
Trace Service Philosophy
Trace doesn't believe in simply providing "good service" because we feel "good service", is just not good enough. Trace provides "Exceptional Service" as a minimum standard and we are proud to let you know what customers say about us, so please, read some of the comments we have received over the past several years. As a general rule, always check what current clients think about a company, before you give them your business. Please, do that with us and check us out. Over 250,000 users of Trace software worldwide must know something is good when they use it.
What is a Mill Test Report or a Certified Mill Test Report or a Mill Certificate or a Material Test Report?
- Simply, they are all different names for the same thing, which is generally referred to an MTR or CMTR.
- A Mill Test Report (MTR or CMTR) is a document that certifies the quality of the materials used by companies that manufacture, distribute or fabricate using high grade steel or alloy product such as industrial pipe, valves, fittings, structural
or plate steel and used in the construction of such things as pressure vessels, oil refineries, pipelines, bridges, office buildings, rail cars, ships and airplanes.
What does an MTR indicate?
- The manufacturers name and date of manufacture of product or products
- The product description(s), amounts and dimensions
- The chemical composition and physical specifications of the product(s).
- That the product(s) listed were manufactured to comply with specific ASTM, ASME, ANSI or other standards
- The name and signature of the Quality Assurance person who certifies that the statements on the document are true.
When are MTRs needed?
- When traceability of materials is required to prove the quality of components. This generally occurs in the construction of virtually anything in the oil industry, office buildings, bridges, rail cars, structural towers for windmills, etc. Government regulations enforce mill certification for pressure-retaining components in boilers, pressure vessels and pressure piping.
- Material traceability is also particularly important in failure investigations to identify or rule out product malfunction.
Why is material traceability important?
- Material traceability provides "proof positive" verification to customer, contractors, governing bodies and inspection agencies who must verify products and projects meet legislated and/or engineering requirements
Who can provide MTRs for you?
- The easiest and most efficient way to get MTRs, is to deal with a company that uses MetalTrace® to send you MTRs electronically and who can enable you to access MTRs from their MetalTrace® website 24/7/365. If your supplier doesn’t use MetalTrace®, tell then to call 1-866-429 7007 and make arrangements for an installation.